There are many circumstances that create hardships for people and difficulty to keep food on the table.
- Both the newly unemployed, who have lost their job during the recession, and the long term unemployed who have been experiencing difficulties well before it made the headlines
- The underemployed who struggle to make ends meet despite their ability and willingness to work.
- Those dealing with physical and mental limitations that restrict their ability to work and create medical and housing nightmares.
- The working poor who make insufficient income to provide the basics of life
- Families, led by single head of households or father & mother, who are struggling to keep sufficient food on the table for their children.
- Seniors who are having difficulties surviving on social security alone